Tuesday 1 November 2011

"Say no to wind farms: Shale of the century"

Can this be true?  Can shale gas be our saviour?
I will follow this issue with interest.
One suspects that on the further reaches of the green side -- the "watermelons", green on the outside, red on the inside -- anything that looks like it might be a quick and easy fix will not be welcomed, for a deeper agenda is a hatred of human depredations on mother earth.  "Life after People" is not a TV show for them, but a fervent hope...
And isn't it interesting how many greenies are against wind farms, especially when they're near where they live.  I'm not a greenie, but I don't mind wind farms. Mind you, I'm not sure how much electricity they really deliver.  There's the issue of capacity vs the amount actually delivered (something of the order of one tenth to one third, I believe, delivered vs installed capacity)