Tuesday 25 August 2009

BBC reads out part of my letter...

BBC Radio just read out on air the first bit of my letter, in full here.  (I was never expecting they would read it in full; just that some of it might be read by BBC editors and inform future coverage).
They also read out -- for balance, of course! --  a comment from someone else saying Scheuer's views were "a breath of fresh air", which only goes to show how little attention and research people do into these issues.  I guess people have jobs....  
They're pretty big issues, one might add, when they revolve around whether giving in to alleged Islamic grievances such as Palestine, the "US occupation of Arabia", and so forth, will be sufficient to have us coexisting peacefully with Islam (as Scheuer maintains), or whether the likes of al-Qaeda have broader aims, such as full Islamic suzerainty over the world via imposition of the Sharia -- as is the demonstrable case, as I point out below.
I'm still hoping the Beebs might take up my suggestion to have Raymond Ibrahim on the show to counter Scheuer's dangerous and disingenuous views.